Friday, May 23, 2003

DME.COM reader's last meals...

The last post from L.A. for a while...

And to get in the Noo Yawk state of mind, we hear from Long Island. I didn't know they had Dr. Pepper in NY, but Ed B is a pepper.

Ed B., from Long Island, NY

Small chef's salad with bacon bits & russian dressing, a serving of lasagna with meatballs & sausage, garlic bread, Turkey (some breast meat & a drumstick), mashed potatoes, stuffing , gravy & a bun, three Dr Peppers with ice, and for dessert, 2 pieces of strawberry cheescake with graham craker crust and a large cappuchino extra light.


JR F. of parts unknown, (I guess the question in this case is not "Who Shot JR?", but, "Who Did JR Shoot?") in a move that is utter genuis, STARTS with the dessert.

For dessert, which at my choosing I will start out with cause what the heck, if I don't finish all my dinner I don't want to miss the best part of the meal...dessert. Breyer's Strawberry Ice Cream(served super cold), I'll pass on the generic two gallon pale of Penitentiary Ice Cream. I want the realMcCoy that which has the whole pieces of strawberry, just the way mom usedto make it back on the farm. Pepper Jack Cheese nice'n spicy served at roomtemperature, to provide a soft texture. Steamed Jumbo Crab Legs, Maine Lobster tails(not to big because they get tough), Jumbo Prawn Shrimp (allyou can eat of course). all with plenty of piping hot drawn butter and
fresh lemon wedges. (Forget the sides I am filling up on CHEESE, SHELLFISH and DESERT.



Lizz N. of parts unknown (though her use of Dangit, gives us a good clue)...reminds us that "alcohol and cigarettes are not allowed in the last meals of inmates in most prisons, I noticed a lot of people putting that in their requests. But I guess it don't matter cuz we're just pretending anyways huh?" We hope, Lizz, we really hope so.

Her last meal would be:

Prime rib medium well, horseradish, whipped mashed potatoes with sausage gravy, 3 croissants with butter, tomato soup, oyster crackers, a tall icey glass o' milk and a big hunk of white cake with lemon filling and white buttercream frosting.

Dangit, now I'm hungry! Knowing my impeding death was near I don't think I could stomach all that food unless HEAVILY sedated. Or after a few bong rips.